What is your favorite spyderco?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
xceptnl

Re: What is your favorite spyderco?

Post by xceptnl »

abbazaba wrote:Image
Now that's a photo contest submission if I have ever seen one.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
NoFair

Post by NoFair »

Military (CF versions are best). I really like lots of the others too, but the Millie is special.
Holland

Post by Holland »

Delica 4 for sure. The pakkawood version is probably my favorite D4
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
TraumaRN904

Post by TraumaRN904 »

I really like my Blurple paramilitary 2. Oddly enough... Just as much I like my Pingo! I can't play with my Pingo as easily as my other Spydercos, but it really is a great blade! Its easy to maintain the edge, cuts amazingly well, and really fits your hand. Very very secure when in use. The designs is such that in spite of the fact that it doesn't lock, the edge of the blade won't contact your fingers if held properly. Also when you are out in town, it's pretty non-threatening. I've used it to cut my daughter's chicken tenders at the restaurant before. Not having a pointy tip makes it a little safer at a table full of kids too - even with common sense fully engaged.

I went camping one time and used my solo stove (twig burner). The only knife I brought was my Pingo. Believe it or not, my Pingo did everything I needed it to do. My Pingo never let me down. I shaved my fat wood with it, cut my food with it, cut line with it... It held up without a problem! Really very versatile. I seem to have run out of Pingo innuendos of very questionable taste; but in all seriousness - I originally bought one out of curiosity. I now own 3. I'm getting one for each of my kids for Christmas this year too!
Gayle Bradley 1 (PE) CPM-M4
PM2 (Blurple) (PE) CPM S110V
Pacific Salt (SE) H1
Tasman Salt (SE) H1
Ulize (PE) VG10
Pingo (Black/Orange)(PE) N690Co
G-10 Dragonfly2 (PE) VG10
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

I really couldn't say - or more accurately, over the course of a few weeks, each and every one of my Spydies would feel like the favoured one at one point or another.
ricechrispy

Post by ricechrispy »

Native 5.

Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Today, it's this one.

- best wishes, Jazz.
vivi

Post by vivi »

I'm jealous of folks that can use those comfortably. Looks like a fantastic EDC. Nice and thin wharncliffe with a good point from the factory, in a compact and lightweight package.
:unicorn
tonijedi

Post by tonijedi »

For now it is the Delica. Hope to get a Salt 2 and see if it can dethrone the Delica.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Vivi wrote:I'm jealous of folks that can use those comfortably. Looks like a fantastic EDC. Nice and thin wharncliffe with a good point from the factory, in a compact and lightweight package.
What is uncomfortable for you? If it's the first finger groove, the metal liner under it is straight, leaving room to remove it. It's very easy to do. The Delica wharnie is fantastic. It has now taken over as my favourite EDC, as well as work (of course). I know you're a modder. ;)
- best wishes, Jazz.
holeshot

Post by holeshot »

My choice is the PM2. I think I have six and most recently added the red M390. There aren't enough adjectives to describe this work of art, well done Sal and Eric! :)
"No matter where you go, there you are"
BrianMcCord

Post by BrianMcCord »

I'm on the Sliverax bandwagon. On day one of receiving it, wasn't to thrilled. It's now day three and has rarely been out of my hand. The bearings provide a unique feeling, very solid. Paul Alexander did a great job with this one.

Brian
-Brian

Son's Collection: H1 Rescue Manbug, Tenacious

Rescue 79mm Orange, Cat BD-1, Effecient, Pingo Orange FRN, T-Mag, Urban K390, Lil' Native, Sliverax, Para 3 S110V, Caly 3 HAP 40, R Nishijin, Mantra, Manix 2 LW S110V, Manix 2 Black, Delica 4 Black, PM2 Digi, PM2 Black, Yojimbo 2, Native 5 LW, Dragonfly 2, Military 204P, Wolfspyder, Techno, HAP 40 Ladybug, H1 Hawkbill Ladybug, Blue Persistence, Bradley 2, UKPK SE Gin-1

Looking for an Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom Native. :spyder:
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

A lot like Dan. (FarNorthDan)
My Millie is carried almost daily. I love the Ethnic series.
In particular, my Nilakka. It's the original zero grind model.
Very sharp and super duper pointy tip :)
My very first Spyderco mat still be my favorite however.
That would be the Spyderco Vallotton. 4MM thick blade stock, one of the meanest knife tips I've ever seen ( go thru a car door easily) and polished g10....she's a real beauty.