Waiting On My First Luminox!!

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
JaseRicco

Waiting On My First Luminox!!

Post by JaseRicco »

I am a huge fan of Movado watches, as a matter of fact every watch I own is a Movado. However, at the present time I happen to be in the market for super light watch that can easily be read in low light/no light conditions. Unfortunately, Movado does not produce a watch that fits this criteria. So as usual, I hit Google to do some research on top “tactical” type watches. It did not take long before I came across Luminox which is clearly a fan favorite. So, I have two on order:

Luminox Navy Seal Colormark...

AE2D64F4-26A4-4AB9-A5BA-B0721EE70DD1.png

Luminox Scott Cassell UVP Special Edition...
Attachments
B179A39B-27E3-4E1D-A293-2A4402545B1E.png
Jase

Current:
Para 3 LWT & Delica 4 Damascus KnifeJoy Exclusive

On The Hunt For:
Delica 4 Sprints & Exclusives (Background here...viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85708)

Sold:
Delica 4 Wharncliffe, Delica 4 Wharncliffe S30V Cutlery Shoppe Exclusive, Lil Matriarch Bento Box Shop Exclusive
standy99

Re: Waiting On My First Luminox!!

Post by standy99 »

I have the orange SAR great beater watch.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (16.15 KiB) Viewed 4541 times

Bit of a watch collector with a few Omega's , vintage seamasters and speedmasters
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

JaseRicco wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:39 pm
...watch that can easily be read in low light/no light conditions...
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Cool. I've always liked Luminox.
Please keep us posted.
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

I think Luminox watches are really KOOL.. BUT.. I have super skinny wrists so they look like a big wall clock on my wrists... DARN!!! John
Last edited by jmh58 on Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
JaseRicco

Post by JaseRicco »

standy99 wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:21 am
I have the orange SAR great beater watch.

image.jpeg
Very nice, thats exactly what I’m looking for. Something to wear on the job, to the beach or even doing something like yard work. Places that I dont want to wear my Movado’s.
standy99 wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:21 am
Bit of a watch collector with a few Omega's , vintage seamasters and speedmasters
Very nice. I’m a bit of a watch collector as well, but keep the collection to Movado.
Jase

Current:

On The Hunt For:

Sold:
Delica 4 Wharncliffe, Delica 4 Wharncliffe S30V Cutlery Shoppe Exclusive, Lil Matriarch Bento Box Shop Exclusive
JaseRicco

Post by JaseRicco »

Bloke wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:44 am
JaseRicco wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:39 pm
...watch that can easily be read in low light/no light conditions...
Haha, now that’s a neat watch. Can definately tell time in the dark with that!!
Jase

Current:

On The Hunt For:

Sold:
flasharry

Post by flasharry »

There are alternatives to the Luminox.. I to have girly-man wrists, and found that this Smith and Wesson watch fit the bill for the want of an H3 watch..

Its not as large as the Luminox (and yes, I did have one once), and while it lacks the full H3 markers that the Luminox has, it still does the job..
"You never know what lonesome is, 'til you get to herdin' cows"
JaseRicco

Post by JaseRicco »

MacLaren wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:06 am
Cool. I've always liked Luminox.
Please keep us posted.
Ya, I’ve heard of Luminox from time to time, but never really had a need for their tacticalness(don’t think thats a word lol). I find myself looking for a very light watch that I can wear in multiple situations. Luminox seems to fit the bill to a T. I will definately keep you posted on my thoughts.
Jase

Current:

On The Hunt For:

Sold:
JaseRicco

Post by JaseRicco »

jmh58 wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:40 am
I think Luminox watches are really KOOL.. BUT.. I have super skinny wrists so the look like a big wall clock on my wrists... DARN!!! John
I too have smaller writs, and a lot of the Luminox watches are very large. However, the Navy SEAl Colormark comes in at 44mm and weighs less than 2oz. I’ve heard that one can forget that they are even wearing a watch of this stature. Hopefully this is true...ill let you know.
Jase

Current:

On The Hunt For:

Sold:
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Thanks Flash and Jase.. I will have to look into the S&W.. For the past 20yrs or so I have been wearing a Timex Expedition.. And yes.. I only have 1 watch!! I have found that 44mm is too big for my taste.. John
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
JaseRicco

Post by JaseRicco »

They arrived!! When I ordered, I was looking for a watch that would check off different boxes of criteria, one of which was some bit of orange against black. Currently, Luminox only has two that come in around a $200 price range, which was another box I was looking to check. When ordering, I knew I would only be keeping whichever one I liked better. This is the watch I am keeping...

4E199201-4F8B-4915-8245-F32BE08AF20E.jpeg
BE591F3A-FD6B-4CE4-BB44-2CEB2D427449.jpeg
EDF33BC2-E6B4-49C4-A7CB-C4CB6949BD02.jpeg
Had to throw this one in :D They pair well together, don’t you think :)...

0A1294F0-7C3D-44E7-B11C-6043508B6789.jpeg
7724B8F4-6394-41B4-BA07-DA73195C4742.jpeg

Luminox Navy Seal Colormark:

So far, I LOVE this watch. I am a bit of a watch collector, and am a huge fan of Movado. As a matter of fact, up to this point it is the only brand that I own, other than my Apple Watch. With the Navy Seal Colormark I have become a very big fan of Luminox, and already have my eyes on more to come. It checks off every box that I was looking to check...

- First and foremost, because I will be wearing this watch during life’s activities such as on the job, yard work, at the beach, body boarding mountain biking etc..., I wanted a very lightweight time piece. With its carbon reinforced polycarbonate bezel, case and case back, along with the PU strap, this thing is super lightweight coming in at just 56g or 1.9oz. Even though the watch is on the larger size @ 44mm, while wearing it throughout the day, there were times I didn’t even feel this thing on my wrist.
- I was looking for a watch that is easily readable in low/no light conditions. Luminox has long been known for having some of the best illuminated watches utilizing Tritium. Not sure if the picture I posted is doing it justice, but this thing is extremely readable in no light. I am pleasantly surprised at how bright the Tritium is on this Luminox.
- Wanting to wear a watch to the beach and while swimming/boarding, it needed to be water resistance, and the Luminox Navy Sea Colormark, with it’s double security gasket, is good to 200 meters or 660 feet, which is quite a bit more than enough for me. Now I’m not really sure what a double security gasket is, and I must admit, this is the first that I have heard of such a thing, so any Luminox owners out there, feel free to chime in.
- And what is a watch but something to tell time with, so of course, I wanted a watch that keeps good time, which is exactly what you get with a Swiss Quartz running the Swiss Ronda movement.
- A couple other features I was looking at, for no other reason than their looks, was a rotating bezel and date window. I just think these two features add to the overall look of a tactical/sporty type of watch.
- All of the above means nothing if the watch doesn’t look good on the wrist. Article after article, out of all the watches recommended, G-Shock, Timex, Suunto, Garmin, Marathon...Luminox has some of the best looking watches by far. To me, they are just visually pleasing and I absolutely love the look of Orange and Black, just a Sexy color combination.
- Of course, you can’t forget about the price tag. You come away with ALL OF THE ABOVE for, what is in my opinion, the reasonably low price of $160.
Jase

Current:

On The Hunt For:

Sold:
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I looked at the Luminox, but I found a S&W that looks almost identical (black with orange numbers) and has the tritium gas tubes for $80. So far, so good.

congrats on the new watch. I like watches that glow under their own power. I normally wear a Seamaster that is older than a lot of people on this forum, and it is still perfect. But, I wanted a watch that glowed in the dark that was cheap (high crime over here).
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
standy99

Post by standy99 »

What model seamaster

Have a few Omega watches
Several vintage seamasters and constellations
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I was looking at Luminox and a couple other tritium watches, but I ended up getting a GWS which is the parent company that makes Traser watches. It was a good watch but it got replaced by a Hamilton Khaki Field Titanium and it never leaves my wrist.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
JaseRicco

Post by JaseRicco »

Evil D wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:06 am
I was looking at Luminox and a couple other tritium watches, but I ended up getting a GWS which is the parent company that makes Traser watches. It was a good watch but it got replaced by a Hamilton Khaki Field Titanium and it never leaves my wrist.
Hamilton was another watch mentioned in a lot of the articles I read. Fine watches, just out of my price range.
Jase

Current:

On The Hunt For:

Sold:
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

JaseRicco wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:44 pm
Evil D wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:06 am
Hamilton was another watch mentioned in a lot of the articles I read. Fine watches, just out of my price range.

I can relate, it was a gift or I wouldn't own it. I can honestly say I understand why it costs as much as it does, I've banged this watch on everything and the sapphire is still scratch free after 2 years of 24/7 wear. It's a seriously tough watch.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David