E-mail Notification Update

This area is for information on how the forum works and for posting issues/requests. This is NOT to discuss Spyderco products, service, or Spyderco.com, etc. Please review the stickied threads PRIOR to posting a new thread!
TazKristi

E-mail Notification Update

Post by TazKristi »

I know many of you (anyone who subscribes to threads) are receiving old email notifications. It's not a glitch, and it is (absolutely) NOT Malware. The forum is SAFE.

As you likely recall, after we moved and updated the forum, no email notifications were received. Those emails were being sent, but various ISPs blocked them. Unfortunately, that issue took several weeks to resolve. Those emails didn't bounce as we suspected they were; each ISP held them. We had to submit info to numerous ISPs to verify the forum's mail server and new IP address - this was something we couldn't have anticipated.

Once the blocks were lifted, the ISPs released ALL of those emails, which is why you're receiving old email notifications. We triple-checked our logs, and none of the emails were sitting on our side, so we couldn't purge anything. We believe all the ISPs that blocked the emails have now cleared us, so once the backlog gets through, things will go back to normal.

I'm sorry for the frustration and inconvenience, but I hope this helps explain what happened.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Hic et nunc

Re: E-mail Notification Update

Post by Hic et nunc »

Hi Taz
I wanted to attach myself to this post to report this problem of mine, since I probably write too many posts consecutively and it gives me this error:
Forbidden. Browser seems to be spambot. Anti-Spam by CleanTalk.
I use a translator :bug-red-white
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Hic et nunc wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 2:57 am
Hi Taz
I wanted to attach myself to this post to report this problem of mine, since I probably write too many posts consecutively and it gives me this error:
Forbidden. Browser seems to be spambot. Anti-Spam by CleanTalk.
Hi, Hic et nunc:
That's a message from one of our anti-spam platforms. I've cleared your IP/Account in the platform, so it shouldn't be a problem moving forward. Thanks for letting me know.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Hic et nunc

Post by Hic et nunc »

hi Taz
ok perfect! :)
I use a translator :bug-red-white