Lost my Military 2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Jim Malone

Lost my Military 2

Post by Jim Malone »

Lost my Military 2 3 days ago. Found out when i undressed at night. The Military 2 had pushed my other Spydies out of my pocket.
I have been feeling sad since then. Because i live in Belgium the knife is pretty expensive and i´m a nurse so money isn´t abbundent. The sadest part is that my knife bought it for our 1 year wedding anniversary.
Been looking everywhere but haven´t found it.
First Spyderco i ever lost in 26 years.

Just wanted to vent.
Enactive

Re: Lost my Military 2

Post by Enactive »

Jim, that's a serious bummer. Hopefully it turns up soon.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

That is horrible news and feeling . I hope it reappears for you . Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
phaust

Post by phaust »

Any chance you wore something else as well that day? The couple times I lost a knife, I ended up finding them in pants or a jacket I didn't even remember wearing.

Hoping it turns up
tzirconia

Post by tzirconia »

Here's hoping it shows up somewhere soon 🤞🏼
mikey177

Post by mikey177 »

As the knife has special value to you, I hope you find it again.
clinton1

Post by clinton1 »

I would say retrace your steps, my mother would say to pray to St. Anthony.....either way, I hope it shows up for you... 🤞
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Praying it turns up for you. Been loving mine too.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Pokey

Post by Pokey »

Could it have caught on the adjusting cord of a jacket or vest?
Attachments
IMG_5799.jpeg
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

Sorry to hear that mate. Check your car seat belt too, it sometimes snags a pocket clip.
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Sorry to hear that, even more so since it was a special knife for for you.

But don´t give up hope yet, as others have said: It might still turn up again - did you check all the gaps of couch, car seats...?

Best of luck in any case!
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

Pokey wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 10:19 pm
Could it have caught on the adjusting cord of a jacket or vest?
Good advice, this has happened to me more than a few times.

Check you car too, chance of it catching on something and ending up under your car seat.
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Awww. Bad luck. I hope it reappears soon.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

As said, I really hope it´ll turn up again, Jim.

Still a tip for the future: I often detach the pocket clips of my Spydies and then bend them "down" a bit so the tension gets higher when reattached again and the knife is more secure in pocket.

I do this since I lost a Stretch 1 (still no idea how and when this happened. At the end of an "urban" day - so no excessive movements at all - it just was not in my pocket anymore. I did some commuting on bicylce though, so that´s where it most likely happened)... and my blue first ffg Endura (on a hike - while then unssuccessfully searching for it I covered like 2500 vertical meters (more than 8000 vertical feet) on the mountain where I lost it. Loved that thing! Sometimes I feel like I´ll find it again after quite some years - could tell something about the long term corrosion resistance of VG10 if I ever do ;) )
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Man, that is a real bummer. I wish I had the money so I could buy you a new one...maybe give it to your wife to buy. Anyway, I've lost knives and the biggest culprit was the seat belt. It might be between the seat and the hump/armrest, or under the car seat.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Post by SaltyCaribbeanDfly »

So sorry to hear that bud, I’ve lost a few but thankfully found them…one was still clipped in my pants and went through the wash (Dfly Salt) and the others (Native Salts) were under the front seat of my truck and on a trail I used to get to a tree stand…each time I retraced my steps and got lucky…I also bend my clips a little like Gernot does and it’s a good idea…don’t give up because you never know sometimes, hopefully it turns up 🍀 👊
Jim Malone

Post by Jim Malone »

Checked everything again with the wife, car, clothes, under the furniture, in every jacket i have, in every drawer. At one moment she wanted to look in the attic but then we realised i haven´t been on the attic for weeks. Nothing yet.
K1500

Post by K1500 »

I lost an orange endura one time. Looked EVERYWHERE before I decided to order a pacific salt to replace it. I found it in the bottom of a large trash bin in my shop when I took out the trash bag liner. It was somehow in the can under the liner. I have no idea how it could have gotten there.
kennbr34

Post by kennbr34 »

Jim Malone wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 3:18 pm
Checked everything again with the wife, car, clothes, under the furniture, in every jacket i have, in every drawer. At one moment she wanted to look in the attic but then we realised i haven´t been on the attic for weeks. Nothing yet.
Check inside of shoes. Sounds crazy but I had a knife drop into my snow boots once, and I didn't find it until the next winter. No idea how that happened.

Usually when I lose a knife it's because the pocket clip snagged on something, or since I'm a rather rotund person, if I sit in a seat with tight arms rests they'll push it up.
aicolainen

Post by aicolainen »

That's a bummer, Jim. Hope you find it again.
I've lost more multitools than I can recall, but knives have a tendency to turn up again - eventually. I hope this will be the case for you as well.