What did you use your Spyderco for last?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
BornIn1500

Re: What did you use your Spyderco for last?

Post by BornIn1500 »

SaltyCaribbeanDfly wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 3:40 am
That’s a great shot 👏👊
Thanks!

Took the Polestar along today.

RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

JSumm wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:26 am
Try it with your SE K390 next time @RustyIron. I would be interested to see how that one handles it.

Your wish is my command, @JSumm. I made another belt today and used the serrated K390. It was better. The serrations cut through the tough outer fabric much more nicely. I used a sawing motion.

The difficulty arose while cutting through the rubber core. The friction of the material against the blade made further progress near impossible. Bending the material to open up the cut was the solution.

I think a think blade such as a utility knife would have performed better. Nevertheless, the serrated edge got the job done.

IMG_5695 Large.jpeg
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

RustyIron wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 6:25 pm
JSumm wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:26 am
Try it with your SE K390 next time @RustyIron. I would be interested to see how that one handles it.

Your wish is my command, @JSumm. I made another belt today and used the serrated K390. It was better. The serrations cut through the tough outer fabric much more nicely. I used a sawing motion.

The difficulty arose while cutting through the rubber core. The friction of the material against the blade made further progress near impossible. Bending the material to open up the cut was the solution.

I think a think blade such as a utility knife would have performed better. Nevertheless, the serrated edge got the job done.

IMG_5695 Large.jpeg
Interesting! That heavy rubber must be a beast.

Well thanks for trying! Gives you a one to one comparison with the K390 PE on the same material.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Giygas

Post by Giygas »

[Edit: I meant to post this to the "SpyMyto is Hot" thread, but I guess it works here, too.]

The factory edge came hair whittling sharp, but the overall geometry made this a frustrating experience.

Random shot of it compared to the LionSpy:

Blade geometry aside, this is an incredibly well made knife.
Currently testing: M398, D3, SLD-Magic
Favorites: 10V, s90v
Wishlist: S290, Vancron, S125V, K890
18 Spydies, 15 steels
13 Maxace, 9 steels

https://instagram.com/cnyknifenut
https://youtube.com/@CNYKnifeNerd
Makunochimaster

Post by Makunochimaster »

IMG_20240508_205953_825.jpg
Native 5 cpm-s110v G10. Native 5 cpm-s110v frn.
Lil' Native MB cpm-s30v. Dragonfly 2 zdp-189.
Delica 4 cts-204p limited. Cricket Nishijin blk vg10.
Urban n690co. Persistence s35vn lightweight.
VandymanG

Post by VandymanG »

Creating feather stick to start fire for hot dogs and s'mores
Attachments
IMG_2892.jpeg
Greg

* EDC - - - PM2 - S45VN, PM2 - Crucarta, Native 5 - CRUWEAR, Manix 2 LW - CPM M4

Mules in current use M398 and K294
PeaceInOurTime

Post by PeaceInOurTime »

My Native removed the old cob and installed a new new one on the squirrel feeder. Yesterday, it stripped some bark and cut cordage used during transplanting the mulberry tree pictured in the bottom right. Also opened a bottle last night 👍.

VandymanG

Post by VandymanG »

PeaceInOurTime wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 6:33 am
My Native removed the old cob and installed a new new one on the squirrel feeder. Yesterday, it stripped some bark and cut cordage used during transplanting the mulberry tree pictured in the bottom right. Also opened a bottle last night 👍.

Nice. Looks like your multi tool is coming in handy. We have no squirrels at our new house in Yelm. Only thing I’ve seen is someone’s domesticated pet rat that now lives under our back porch. It won’t last long. We have two eagles, several different species of hawks (haven’t 🆔 yet), at least one raven and a pair of owls in the area. Yup the rat is a goner. Too bad it’s the first rat that I actually thought was kinda cute.
Greg

* EDC - - - PM2 - S45VN, PM2 - Crucarta, Native 5 - CRUWEAR, Manix 2 LW - CPM M4

Mules in current use M398 and K294
PeaceInOurTime

Post by PeaceInOurTime »

VandymanG wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 7:38 am
PeaceInOurTime wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 6:33 am

Nice. Looks like your multi tool is coming in handy. We have no squirrels at our new house in Yelm. Only thing I’ve seen is someone’s domesticated pet rat that now lives under our back porch. It won’t last long. We have two eagles, several different species of hawks (haven’t 🆔 yet), at least one raven and a pair of owls in the area. Yup the rat is a goner. Too bad it’s the first rat that I actually thought was kinda cute.

It’s working well so far 👍

That’s a lot of birds for that poor rat to contend with! Hope it makes it back to its owner!
kobold

Post by kobold »

My Native made me a breakfast. Spyberries. Image
Military/PM2/P3 Native Chief/Native GB2 DF2 PITS Chaparral Tasman Salt 2 SE Caribbean Sheepfoot SE SpydieChef Swayback Manix2 Sage 1 SSS Stretch 2 XL G10
PeaceInOurTime

Post by PeaceInOurTime »

kobold wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 3:11 am
My Native made me a breakfast. Spyberries. Image
😍
Am I remembering correctly that those handles were 3D printed? How are they working so far?
kobold

Post by kobold »

PeaceInOurTime wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 7:46 am

😍
Am I remembering correctly that those handles were 3D printed? How are they working so far?

They are great. Plenty strong with perfect tolerances & smooth as butter action. Carbon fiber reinforced PLA. There is a chance they will be made for the Chief LW also.
Military/PM2/P3 Native Chief/Native GB2 DF2 PITS Chaparral Tasman Salt 2 SE Caribbean Sheepfoot SE SpydieChef Swayback Manix2 Sage 1 SSS Stretch 2 XL G10
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

For the past 4 years, 90% of my carry knives have included one or more Spyderco knives. It gets so that it is hard to keep track of them when it comes time to wash clothes and accidentally I put my S90V Native Chief through the wash the other day.

No rust yet, but it is nice and clean!
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/