Which one should I get next?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
blueblur

Re: Which one should I get next?

Post by blueblur »

Try the Kapara or something in K390, especially serrated K390 if you can find it.
Dep

Post by Dep »

I have been interested in the cutting power of K390 serrated.
spydergoat

Post by spydergoat »

Another one not mentioned yet is the Resilience, it's the large liner lock in the same family as tenacious.
Dep

Post by Dep »

From a collecting perspective, I do like the idea of adding a knife from Taiwan . . . maybe the Cat.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Dep wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 12:40 pm
- Tenacious (M4): This is my "utility knife." I find its "liner lock" easier for one handed closing than my "back locks" and "compression locks." Cuts up boxes like a laser beam.
Always like when people realize how most natural and easy a linerlock really is to operate, imo a underappreciated lock type in Spydercos lineup! Would not complain about more mid to high quality linerlock models!

(Some suggestions concerning backlock operation you can see here viewtopic.php?p=1366139#p1366139)

/ Yes, the Tenacious is a great work knife, especially the long edge in that very compact knife makes for really efficient cutting!
If you like the model, some day in the future you could also consider the S35VN lightweight version (actually not THAT much lighter than the G10 one, but with grippier scales and a bit more handle chamfering).
In that case I´d take the comboedge variant (unfortunately there is no full SE Tenacious LW in S35VN)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Dep

Post by Dep »

Reporting back . . . I bought a Dragonfly 2 with Black FRN and VG-10. Decided my capability gap was not having a blade under 2.5 inches for carry in a more (blade length) restrictive nearby locality. (It does look great next to the Endura and Delica.)
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Dep wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 6:57 pm
Reporting back . . . I bought a Dragonfly 2 with Black FRN and VG-10. Decided my capability gap was not having a blade under 2.5 inches for carry in a more (blade length) restrictive nearby locality. (It does look great next to the Endura and Delica.)

I sure hope you went for SE... ;)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Dep wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 6:57 pm
Not a bad choice .I carry a Dragonfly Salt in weak side pocket nearly everyday . Incredibly handy knife . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau