Spyderco Groom carry suggestions

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
PaloArt

Spyderco Groom carry suggestions

Post by PaloArt »

Hi Folks,

in less than a month I will marry love of my life, person I look forward getting old with and my best friend at the same time. Now important question is, what Spyderco to carry this day? There is going to be some charcuterie and cheese boards on the "garden party" and I am torn between Chaparral, Delica 2nd gen in SS full SE (for me very elegant but heavy) or urban.

Now I am open to some other suggestions :open-grin as I am turning 35 in few days, so perhaps I might make myself happy with some new folding knife (SPY 27 UK PK perhaps?) which might accompany me to the altar as well.

Let`s go and share what you wore on your memorable day!
JD Spydo

Re: Spyderco Groom carry suggestions

Post by JD Spydo »

If I was fortunate enough to find a soulmate in this turbulent time I would only carry some of Spyderco's finest to that big day. My two suggestions right of the top of my head would be the Cruwear C-60 Ayoob or one of the more recent Para2 models. I don't think you could go wrong with either one of them.

Also if I were you I would get the "Mrs." a Pink full SE Native model if they can still be had. I think that would be a perfect blade for a knife loving lady. Let us know what you decide on.
kobold

Post by kobold »

For a gent's folder, the maple Chap is ideal.
Congrats!
Military/PM2/P3 Native Chief/Native GB2 DF2 PITS Chaparral Tasman Salt 2 SE Caribbean Sheepfoot SE SpydieChef Swayback Manix2 Sage 1 SSS Stretch 2 XL G10
PaloArt

Post by PaloArt »

JD Spydo wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 4:18 am
If I was fortunate enough to find a soulmate in this turbulent time I would only carry some of Spyderco's finest to that big day. My two suggestions right of the top of my head would be the Cruwear C-60 Ayoob or one of the more recent Para2 models. I don't think you could go wrong with either one of them.

Also if I were you I would get the "Mrs." a Pink full SE Native model if they can still be had. I think that would be a perfect blade for a knife loving lady. Let us know what you decide on.
Haha, quite big pieces suggested :grin-smiling-eyes I was thinking something a little bit smaller although Para in Cruwear sounds tempting. Don`t want so scare guests though :')
PaloArt

Post by PaloArt »

kobold wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 4:35 am
For a gent's folder, the maple Chap is ideal.
Congrats!
Chap crossed my mind so many times, I have possibility to get Raffir Noble for 90 USD equivalent. Maple one looks stunning though and it is on my list of potential wedding accessory :thinking - great suggestion!
bobnikon

Post by bobnikon »

CF Chap would be my choice, but if you want to have some fun, I would dual carry and pull out an XL Espada to cut the cake.

Apologies for an non-Spydie second piece, but hard to find something that big right now in the Spydie lineup.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

A Chaparral for the win! But, if you really want to, you could carry a Military 2.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
phaust

Post by phaust »

I like the Delica SS idea. Being all steel it goes with the "white" motif of a wedding
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

PaloArt wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 2:11 am
Hi Folks,

in less than a month I will marry love of my life, person I look forward getting old with and my best friend at the same time. Now important question is, what Spyderco to carry this day? There is going to be some charcuterie and cheese boards on the "garden party" and I am torn between Chaparral, Delica 2nd gen in SS full SE (for me very elegant but heavy) or urban.

Now I am open to some other suggestions :open-grin as I am turning 35 in few days, so perhaps I might make myself happy with some new folding knife (SPY 27 UK PK perhaps?) which might accompany me to the altar as well.

Let`s go and share what you wore on your memorable day!

First and foremost: Congrats and I wish you two all the best and a good life together!

/ To your question: Another vote for the Chaparral, ideally one of the "even nicer" models, like the maple or raffir noble.
Classy, very slim and unobtrosuive carry and quite some slicey edge to work with for the garden party food, all in one knife.

Though for that particular occasion (wedding and cutting food at the party) you might want to look at the Kapara:
Actually designed for food prep in "civilized" invironment, and for that it works great and the comp.lock is ideal (less so in the outdoors to me).
Also a very nice and classy knife, lots of cutting edge and also very unobtrusive carry for the actual wedding with its deep carry wire clip
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
kobold

Post by kobold »

PaloArt wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 7:25 am
JD Spydo wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 4:18 am

Haha, quite big pieces suggested :grin-smiling-eyes I was thinking something a little bit smaller although Para in Cruwear sounds tempting. Don`t want so scare guests though :')

It's okay to use a sword to cut the cake though :cheap-sunglasses
Military/PM2/P3 Native Chief/Native GB2 DF2 PITS Chaparral Tasman Salt 2 SE Caribbean Sheepfoot SE SpydieChef Swayback Manix2 Sage 1 SSS Stretch 2 XL G10
PStone

Post by PStone »

Congrats on the upcoming big day! My suggestion to throw into the hat is the stainless Kopa. It’s an elegant knife and isn’t too big. I have one and like to carry on special occasions. Great for an engraving to commemorate the day too!
https://www.nationalknives.com/spyderco ... ess-steel/

My birthday knife suggestion is the Fluted CF Native S90V. It’s imo the best thing Spyderco makes. And National has a great deal right now for $240.
https://www.nationalknives.com/spyderco ... bon-fiber/

You do however need an account to get the best sale price on those at NationalKnives.
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Post by SaltyCaribbeanDfly »

Congratulations! No-brainer, it’s gotta be the Chaparral Raffir Noble for less than half the normal price 👊
Last edited by SaltyCaribbeanDfly on Thu May 09, 2024 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

^^ This. Chap Raffir Noble.
Congrats 👏!
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

The Respect might match a tux nicely! :respect :hand-over-mouth
- Nick :bug-red
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

I have to vote for a Chap of your preference. For specific occasions I carry a Adventura and recently a Chap Sun /Moon if I want to double up . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

I used the respect at my wedding. Cut the wedding cake and grooms cake with it. Surprised I don't have a shot of me cutting it.

:winking-tongue :bug-red :usflag

I also had a Kris and orange spyderhawk SE.
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

Congratulations!

I carried the Slysz Swayback myself when I got married a few years ago. Its marriage (pun intended) of the classic swayback/jack knife design and the modern aesthetics of a minimalist titanium handle framelock makes it a very classy carry on your big day. That was my idea when I decided to carry one for my wedding.
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
toomanyquestions

Post by toomanyquestions »

My first thought was the Chap.
Tgmr05

Post by Tgmr05 »

The raffir noble chaparral is a great choice.

For the cake, either a police 4 lw, or maybe the stretch xl salt..
PaloArt

Post by PaloArt »

Wartstein wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 9:04 am
PaloArt wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 2:11 am
Hi Folks,

in less than a month I will marry love of my life

First and foremost: Congrats and I wish you two all the best and a good life together!

/ To your question: Another vote for the Chaparral, ideally one of the "even nicer" models, like the maple or raffir noble.
Classy, very slim and unobtrosuive carry and quite some slicey edge to work with for the garden party food, all in one knife.

Though for that particular occasion (wedding and cutting food at the party) you might want to look at the Kapara:
Actually designed for food prep in "civilized" invironment, and for that it works great and the comp.lock is ideal (less so in the outdoors to me).
Also a very nice and classy knife, lots of cutting edge and also very unobtrusive carry for the actual wedding with its deep carry wire clip
Thank you very much for your kind words and wishes! Kapara never crossed my mind but it should have, truth is that most of my pocket knives are used always for food prep\snacking... :thinking I do like compression lock myself but as you, I do not prefer it for great outdoors as backlock is superior for me (that comp lock pinching my palm during power cuts..). I am surprised how many people agree with Chap, I have FRN version so far and it is extremely enjoyable knife, one of my most carried Spyderco, little slicey beast :cowboy