Is this Endura knife real?

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
bohica1998

Is this Endura knife real?

Post by bohica1998 »

I saw this auction that lists two C-47 Enduras. Only thing is, the blade on one of them looks to be from a Rescue. Did Spyderco make an Endura with a sheepsfoot blade?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0167209877

18 :bug-red 's and counting so far... :winking-tongue
Current Inventory: C14SBK Rescue SE - C14SBL Rescue SE - C14PBK Rescue FG PE - C14SBK Rescue FG SE - C10PSGRWBK Endura USN CE Emerson Opener/Black Blade - LBK3HB Ladybug Hawkbill SE - C12SGY Matriarch SE G10 modded - C78PSBK Native 3 SE - C78PBK Native 3 PE - C41SBK Native 4 SE - C41PBBK Native 4 Black Blade PE - C41PSBBK Native 4 Black Blade SE - C77PYL SpyderHawk H1 PE - C106PYL Tasman Salt PE - C122GP Tenacious SE - BY22SBK Meadowlark Hawkbill SE - LGRP3HB USN Ladybug Hawkbill PE - LGRS3HB USN Ladybug Hawkbill SE
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Either a falke, or someone cobbled toghether a VG-10 Rescue blade and a first generation Endura handle. Either way, probably best avoided.

Edited to add: If "real" the one with the Endura blade may be a lash-up as well. Tony may be able to say for sure, but I can't recall ever seeing the combination of a "1st Gen" handle, AUS-8 blade, and Boye dented lockbar before.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
bohica1998

Post by bohica1998 »

That's what I was thinking. Especially after seeing the other pics. The blade on the rescue one looks "messed with".
Current Inventory: C14SBK Rescue SE - C14SBL Rescue SE - C14PBK Rescue FG PE - C14SBK Rescue FG SE - C10PSGRWBK Endura USN CE Emerson Opener/Black Blade - LBK3HB Ladybug Hawkbill SE - C12SGY Matriarch SE G10 modded - C78PSBK Native 3 SE - C78PBK Native 3 PE - C41SBK Native 4 SE - C41PBBK Native 4 Black Blade PE - C41PSBBK Native 4 Black Blade SE - C77PYL SpyderHawk H1 PE - C106PYL Tasman Salt PE - C122GP Tenacious SE - BY22SBK Meadowlark Hawkbill SE - LGRP3HB USN Ladybug Hawkbill PE - LGRS3HB USN Ladybug Hawkbill SE
JLS

Post by JLS »

The other big issue with how they're advertised is that the FRN Endura is a C10. The stainless Endura 2 was the C47. This could be an honest mistake, but might be a play to mislead some people as well.

What's with the jimping on the lock release on the sheepsfoot? I don't ever recall seeing that before either. Something is definitely fishy with these.
42 Spyderco fixed blades and counting...
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

i just went into the bat cave to check on my enduras...i have seen the boye dent in the lockbar on the endura II's which are stainless steel....i have never seen it on the 1st generation models....they did make combo edges on the E1s but not with that dent that i know of. if you look at picture 5, the handles are of different sizes so i dont know what handle that came off of originally, the logical guess would be the delica I but it is too big to be one of those and the pics arent clear enough to read out the inscription of what clipit it says. it cant be a rescue because the cut out in the scales isnt there...they frankenstein'd these too, that's for sure.
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Tony, I "think" the handle size difference in some of those photos is just a matter of camera angle and perspective causing one to appear larger than the other since, in some of the shots they appear to be the same size. Both handles also say "Clip-it Endura" on them.

This seller sells a lot of "factory seconds" and "lunch box specials" so the person who played Lego with these "may" have been a Spyderco employee. He also gives me the impression quite often that he's "playing dumb", rather than just being one of those folks who buy things they know little about at garage sales to resell on eBay.
Paul
araneae

Post by araneae »

This seller has been selling more and more questionable spydies, which makes me wonder whether they can be trusted. As Paul said, probably best avoided...
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
bohica1998

Post by bohica1998 »

Yeah, he has these two "Natives" up for bid too:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Spyderco-C41-Native ... 7C294%3A50

Looks like one has the blade off a SS model somehow shoehorned into an FRN handle. Note the lock release sticking way out and the blade steel.

The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Definitely not the blade from a SS Native, they're made in Japan and either AUS-10 or VG-10. But the PE blade is quite a bit short and the SE one has more of a FUBAR than a lockbar. ;) :D More "salvaged" parts. :rolleyes:
Paul
dialex

Post by dialex »

tonydahose wrote:i just went into the bat cave to check on my enduras...i have seen the boye dent in the lockbar on the endura II's which are stainless steel....i have never seen it on the 1st generation models....
Indeed. I think the Boye dent appeared together with the VG-10 blade (somewhere around 2000). The first Enduras III (barrel bolt clip and ATS-55 blade) had an undented lock.
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
LorenzoL

Post by LorenzoL »

Travis... is now on my "Avoid at all cost" list.
vito72

Post by vito72 »

dialex wrote:Indeed. I think the Boye dent appeared together with the VG-10 blade (somewhere around 2000). The first Enduras III (barrel bolt clip and ATS-55 blade) had an undented lock.
My 2001 model with ATS 55 blade have Boye dent.

Never seen one gen. with sheepfoot.
anson argyris

Post by anson argyris »

[quote="JLS"]The other big issue with how they're advertised is that the FRN Endura is a C10. The stainless Endura 2 was the C47. QUOTE]

It was C 47, when these Enduras were introduced, later on , both versions (FRN and stainless) had the SKU 'C 10'.
anson argyris

Post by anson argyris »

JLS wrote:The other big issue with how they're advertised is that the FRN Endura is a C10. The stainless Endura 2 was the C47.
Sorry, but that's not right. When the Endura 2 was introduced, the SKU was C 47, but later this SKU was dropped and both versions of the Endura (FRN and stainless) had the same SKU.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

anson argyris wrote:Sorry, but that's not right. When the Endura 2 was introduced, the SKU was C 47, but later this SKU was dropped and both versions of the Endura (FRN and stainless) had the same SKU.
While that's true, I think his point was that the knives being sold are FRN and being advertised as C47 Enduras and there was never an FRN C47.
Paul
alexvzin

Post by alexvzin »

About a week ago I have won a knife from this seller.
Usually parcels from ebay go to me from two to three weeks, so I'm waiting......
alexvzin

Post by alexvzin »

I found some more frankensteins from this seller.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Spyderco-Folding-Kn ... 911.c0.m14

Upper knife looks like Endura 4 with blade from first generation Endura (marked AUS-8 Stainless??).
In the middle - handle from Rescue, and i don't now which blade.

Bottom knife looks like Mariner.
bohica1998

Post by bohica1998 »

In the middle - handle from Rescue, and i don't now which blade.
Yes, I saw those too. And that was MY first thought too. I knew it was a Rescue handle, but the blade...?

I wonder where he gets these things? Are they just experiments that he has tried or what? LOL!
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

some seriously weird spydies... that's for sure...

i'd like to know the story on these...
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder: