Seconds sale 2022

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Michael Janich

Re: Seconds sale 2022

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear babygirlsela:

Welcome to the Spyderco Forum.

When the calendar is released, it will be offered for sale through the Spyderco website.

Stay safe,

Mike
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

troutinCO wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:33 am
Mushroom wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:21 pm
WilliamMunny wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:25 pm
Mushroom wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:10 pm
Two years in a row!

https://i.imgur.com/qZzpQZz.jpg
That is great, keep the pictures coming. Wish I was there with you.
Will do! I’ll post some pics tomorrow too. It’s 23°F (-5°C) at the moment and only getting colder!
We are supposed to be getting some more snow Thursday into Friday morning. Low teens for temps Thursday/Friday night. Yep gonna be cold.
I always feel like people underestimate how cold it can be at 30F or even 40F let alone colder. Walking/moving you’re fine but just sit there for hours and it goes right through you.

But I do have to say anything below 0 all feels the same. Coldest I have been in is -32F in upstate NY.
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Mushroom wrote:
Two years in a row!
Congrats! I hope you, Rich, yablanowitz and everybody else has a great time! Maybe next year will work out for me. 🤞
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

Maremmen Jager wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:21 am
Hi,
It is the first time that I read about Spyderco Second Sale.
I would like to know if there is something also online.
Thank you
Welcome to the forum! No, the Sale is in-person only at the Spyderco Factory Outlet in Golden, Colorado. When Covid-19 had everything shut down and they couldn't do it in-person, they did one online one year. Many people were thrilled to get in on it, many were frustrated by how it went. From my perspective it was a disaster, and I wouldn't even attempt to participate in one again.
toxophilus

Post by toxophilus »

Mushroom wrote:
Two years in a row!

I'll see you later on this afternoon Nick!
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Bolster wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:56 pm
Mushroom wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:21 pm
It’s a lot of fun hanging out talking knives with a bunch of likeminded people and meeting other forum members is one of my favorite parts of it all!

That sounds like fun--with the anticipation building each day till zero hour! Thanks for the vicarious tour. Maybe I can do this some day. Do you pack in your food or are there restaurants nearby? I'll monitor this thread to hopefully see a photo of the campground when it appears. Stay warm!
No problem, it gives me something to do to help pass time! And if you ever can make it to a sale, it’s definitely worth it. Not just for the knives but the experience too.

I usually get some food at a grocery store before lining up but there are a number of restaurants nearby in downtown Golden.

troutinCO wrote: We are supposed to be getting some more snow Thursday into Friday morning. Low teens for temps Thursday/Friday night. Yep gonna be cold.
Oof, that’s gonna be fun! 🥶

I was comfortable in my sleeping bag last night, but low teens will be pushing the limits of my bag. I brought a bag liner too that I have a feeling I’m going to need!
toxophilus wrote:
I'll see you later on this afternoon Nick!
Sounds good Fuji! I’ll see you soon! :cheap-sunglasses
- Nick :bug-red
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

Mushroom wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:15 am
I was comfortable in my sleeping bag last night, but low teens will be pushing the limits of my bag. I brought a bag liner too that I have a feeling I’m going to need!

I don't mean to sound like your Mom, and you know this already, but: (1) Don't forget the backpacker's trick of eating chocolate (for calories) before bedtime to stay warmer during the night; (2) remember to focus on the loft of your pad, ie, the insulation between ground and bag--it's just as important as the layers on top. Dead air space is your friend! (3) if you have a stove, then hot water in a bottle at the foot of your bag. But you already knew this! Happy camping, toasty toes, and dream of edges!
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Maremmen Jager,

Welcome to our forum.

Congrats Mushroom.

sal
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Thank you, Sal! This is my favorite part of the year so I like to make the most of it.
toxophilus

Post by toxophilus »

Think I’m number two…
Attachments
09B05A5C-CEB9-4CC5-9F2A-2FE00B5E6A7C.jpeg
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Two of us here on day two!

TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Sounds like a good spot for a food truck once it really starts to fill up. Does that ever happen?
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Love the pics so far! Thank you!
I would have already frozen to death out there. :grimace
•• Beau
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Bolster wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:21 am
Mushroom wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:15 am

I don't mean to sound like your Mom, and you know this already, but: (1) Don't forget the backpacker's trick of eating chocolate (for calories) before bedtime to stay warmer during the night; (2) remember to focus on the loft of your pad, ie, the insulation between ground and bag--it's just as important as the layers on top. Dead air space is your friend! (3) if you have a stove, then hot water in a bottle at the foot of your bag. But you already knew this! Happy camping, toasty toes, and dream of edges!
All good advice! I didn’t know if my inflatable pad would fit so I just brought a closed cell foam pad to lay in the back of the car. I’m also fond of the hot water bottle trick and have used it on a handful of occasions in the White Mountains!
TkoK83Spy wrote: Sounds like a good spot for a food truck once it really starts to fill up. Does that ever happen?
There hasn’t been any food trucks but in the past Fugi and Ed Schempp have both set up tables and cooked food for everybody that was in line early.
Buddafucco wrote: Love the pics so far! Thank you!
I would have already frozen to death out there. :grimace
No problem, I’ll post more tomorrow. Should be some more people and will be a little busier than today. Forecast is calling for snow tomorrow though, so that may keep some people home who would have otherwise shown up early.
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

This sounds awesome! Thanks for the updates Nick. Keep the pics coming so we can live through you.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

jabba359 wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:28 am
Mushroom wrote:
Two years in a row!
Congrats! I hope you, Rich, yablanowitz and everybody else has a great time! Maybe next year will work out for me. 🤞
Thanks Kyle! It was a bummer to hear you weren’t going to be able to make it this year.

Hopefully next year will be the year!
JSumm wrote: This sounds awesome! Thanks for the updates Nick. Keep the pics coming so we can live through you.
No problem, Jeff! I’ll try to have more than just one update photo tomorrow. :grin-squint
Maremmen Jager

Post by Maremmen Jager »

yablanowitz wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:40 am
Maremmen Jager wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:21 am
Hi,
It is the first time that I read about Spyderco Second Sale.
I would like to know if there is something also online.
Thank you
Welcome to the forum! No, the Sale is in-person only at the Spyderco Factory Outlet in Golden, Colorado. When Covid-19 had everything shut down and they couldn't do it in-person, they did one online one year. Many people were thrilled to get in on it, many were frustrated by how it went. From my perspective it was a disaster, and I wouldn't even attempt to participate in one again.
Thank you!
Thanks to your point of view, I can understand why it is better a sale is in-person only.
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

You two gentlemen look plenty warm and comfortable, for the moment.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

cabfrank wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:42 am
You two gentlemen look plenty warm and comfortable, for the moment.
We’re trying! The snow has already began though!

———

Day 3 - three more people are lined up and they brought the snow with them! There’s now five of us in line now!

Candyman

Post by Candyman »

It’s a party!!
Think for yourself