Care Package

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Mr Blonde

Care Package

Post by Mr Blonde »

As some of you may know/remember I recently lost my job, due to company cutbacks. Although there are forumites that face much more dramatic challenges in their personal life, my dismissal did bring me down last week. Imagine my suprise when a little care package arrived at my doorstep from Golden! Thanks to Joyce, Sal and the rest of the Spydercrew who made it happen. It was just the right encouragement and support at the right time!

What was in it you say...well my modest Dutch nature is not really willing to say it up front, but keep an eye on a forthcoming product review. But for someone who is facing a challenge "to extend beyond his normal limits", it was a most kind gesture and aptly chosen too.

Thanks to Joyce, Sal and the rest of the crew in Golden. The care package and the on-line support from my fellow forumites, really make me feel part of the Spyderco-community. Thanks to all,

Wouter
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-28-2024 Instagram
dialex

Post by dialex »

I'm glad for you, bro. I think that present they sent you cheered up your mood a bit :) Good luck in your ventures, may you find a good job.
Congratulations to Sal and the crew for their nice gesture. :)
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
Jurphaas

Post by Jurphaas »

Hi Wouter - I'm trying to get Sal interested in a second Amsterdam pre-view show next March before the IWA again. Could be that we'll be meeting again at that time. Hope you'll do fine and I wish you all the wisdom and luck in the world in your ongoing jobhunt.
We'll keep in touch and I'll let you know as soon as I hear from Sal and the crew. ;)
Clipits Work!
* WTC # 0107 *
samosaurus

Post by samosaurus »

Good on you Wouter! And all the best.. Hope that all goes well with ya! ;)

Sam
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Thanks guys! It's getting a little better over here, a couple of vacancies appear to be opening up on the market, and just maybe I'll start freelancing since I got another couple of requests this week! Who knows?

Jurphaas; Joyce emailed me about the tentative plans for an Amsterdam visit nex year. Apparently, Sal is interested but other obligations could get in the (our ;) ) way. With the organization and all, I'd love to help out, just let me know!

Wouter
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-28-2024 Instagram
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Aloha Wouter!

Right on man! The :spyder: crew are awesome...

God bless you on this "side step" in life to something bigger and better! ;)
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
Jimd

Post by Jimd »

Wow! The Spydie crew is very generous!!
Glad their package cheered you up in your depressed time.
Referee in the Bowels of ****
Email: ST8PEN01@aol.com
Artwork For Sale

"...We few, we happy few...we band of brothers...For whoever sheds his blood with me today shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare

If you are not willing to stand behind our troops, by all means, please stand in front of them!