Shipping of internal parts

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
S7ORM3X

Re: Shipping of internal parts

Post by S7ORM3X »

So i just asked for the manix g10 lock part but i havent got a reply yet is even possible? Cuz mine got messed up pretty bad on the treads
sal

Post by sal »

Hi S7ORM3X,

Welcome to our forum.

You'll probably have to send it into the factory. We've built many Manix G-10 models over the years and there have been many adjustments made.

sal
S7ORM3X

Post by S7ORM3X »

sal wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:20 pm
Hi S7ORM3X,

Welcome to our forum.

You'll probably have to send it into the factory. We've built many Manix G-10 models over the years and there have been many adjustments made.

sal
Hey thanks for the reply but since im not in the US is practically impossible to send the knife, love your work!
ejames13

Post by ejames13 »

Have attempted to contact support to get a replacement body screw for a pre-CQI Military both via email and the contact form on the website multiple times over the past several weeks. So far no response. Not sure if it's the Holidays or what, but not looking hopeful.
NortonT

Post by NortonT »

I would just wish I could get info about parts interchangability. There seems to be aftermarket screws and screw kits for the PM2 and Para 3 for folks to upgrade to titanium and different colors. I bought a used Shaman that had after market scales. I assumed that it would be under warranty since he took it apart. I didn't like the after market scales so bought other scales and tried to replace them. I couldn't get the little last bit of blade play. I ended up snapping off a pivot screw so I need a new pivot screw and pivot barrel for the shaman. I think the Titanium after market PM2 or Para 3 pivot screws and pivot barrel would work. I can't find any for the shaman. I don't want to take one of my stock knifes apart to see if they would work because I think that voids the warranty. I don't agree with that. Folks like to take there knifes apart to clean them and smoot out the action. This should be allowed. Does anyone know if the Para 3 or PM2 pivot and screws will work on my shaman? I can find the pivot screws but not the stepped down D on one side pivot barrel. Can anyone help me? Thank you ! ----Terry
NortonT

Post by NortonT »

I have a problem now. I snapped off a pivot screw in the pivot barrel of a shaman. I was installing RGT micarta scales. I noticed the liners on one side was loose in the scale. Then it I couldn't get all the play out I figured it was due to the loos fitting liner but I snapped the pivot screw trying to get all the blade play out. My dumb mistake. I need to buy a new pivoy screw and a pivot barrel. I can find pivot screws for the shaman but not the pivot barrel. Does anyone know where to get shaman pivot barrels or if PM2 or para 3 pivot barrel would work on my shaman. The end of the screw is stuck in the pivot. Any help would be greatly apprciated. Thank you!

-----Terry :worried