Cold Steel Talk

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
James Y

Re: Cold Steel Talk

Post by James Y »

Many thanks for your excellent and very thorough review of your first impressions, Rick! It cements the idea that one day, if and when I ever get back into buying any more knives, the AD15 Lite will be on that list, if it's still being made by then!

I have another question: How is that Mini Recon 1, including (of course) its pocket clip/clipability?

Jim
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

The Finn Wolf is good.
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

James Y wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 10:09 am
Many thanks for your excellent and very thorough review of your first impressions, Rick! It cements the idea that one day, if and when I ever get back into buying any more knives, the AD15 Lite will be on that list, if it's still being made by then!

I have another question: How is that Mini Recon 1, including (of course) its pocket clip/clipability?

Jim
Hey Jim! Sorry - I've been pretty busy lately and I managed to miss this for a couple weeks..

The Mini Recon 1 is nice - one of Cold Steel's more realistic actual "edc" designs, imo..big enough to be a useful knife to the average person, microscopic compared to most CS knives haha. The FRN (or GRN, or whatever CS calls it..) is well done.. textured enough to look a little classier than most FRN.. it almost looks like a peel-ply G10, but smoother, so it's easy on pockets.. the clip still has quite a bit of retention, iirc, but it's not a big deal in and out of the pocket combined with the smoother scales.
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..