aftermarket Pivot replacement pm2 and others

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ZrowsN1s

aftermarket Pivot replacement pm2 and others

Post by ZrowsN1s »

It's the replacement part I'm not sure I needed, but apparently they get requested a lot.

Replacement pivots for PM2 para3 yojimbo shaman, now available from ripps garage.
:exploding-head

What about you guys? Ever lose a pivot? I suppose you could mess the threads up on one and want a replacement. I guess it's a good thing to have spare parts to popular knives.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Mrchunkle

Re: aftermarket Pivot replacement pm2 and others

Post by Mrchunkle »

You can just mail it to the warranty department. They'll charge you twenty bucks or so, but on a popular model they should have some replacement parts. Less popular or sprint runs they may not have spare bits lying about

EDIT: Sorry, you've been here long enough to know that. I'll leave this up in case a new member has questions
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 1:52 am
It's the replacement part I'm not sure I needed, but apparently they get requested a lot.

Replacement pivots for PM2 para3 yojimbo shaman, now available from ripps garage.
:exploding-head

What about you guys? Ever lose a pivot? I suppose you could mess the threads up on one and want a replacement. I guess it's a good thing to have spare parts to popular knives.
This is good news! I recently purchased a hardware set from Etsy and had to modify screws that were too long, so having a place I'm familiar with is sweet. Thanks Z.
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Ya, I guess people don't want to send their knife in to warranty or deal with the hoops. I remember needing screws for a Yo2, and for what ever reason, I think they wanted pictures of the knife? It was in pieces because I was doing a swap so I didn't bother. People don't want the third degree as to why they want the parts, they just want them. I've never needed a pivot. But Ripp got enough requests as to spend the few thousand dollars it cost to have a bulk order of them custom machined. Demand meets supply.

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Never needed a pivot replacement, but not long ago I stripped a T6 body screw on one of my Endelas. Will be ordering some hardware soon because I had to drill it out. Glad there are options out there.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
cjk

Post by cjk »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 1:18 pm
Ya, I guess people don't want to send their knife in to warranty or deal with the hoops. I remember needing screws for a Yo2, and for what ever reason, I think they wanted pictures of the knife? It was in pieces because I was doing a swap so I didn't bother. People don't want the third degree as to why they want the parts, they just want them. I've never needed a pivot. But Ripp got enough requests as to spend the few thousand dollars it cost to have a bulk order of them custom machined. Demand meets supply.
I'm pretty sure he made them.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

cjk wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 8:06 pm
ZrowsN1s wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 1:18 pm
I'm pretty sure he made them.
That would be cool.