My first SLIPIT experience / Spyderco Urban

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
aicolainen

Re: My first SLIPIT experience / Spyderco Urban

Post by aicolainen »

That was a positive review indeed.
And it did make me want to carry my Urban again, so it did at least help a little bit.
Maybe I'll chime in again after a day or two of carry :)
Palestrina

Post by Palestrina »

yablanowitz wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 6:52 pm
Unless he edited something and got autokicked to moderation again. I don't know how long that can happen.
That's what happened, since English is not my native language I sometimes use phrases or descriptions that don't make any sense, I've corrected a few of those.
Coastal wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 9:15 am
Nice review, Palestrina! (It's back.)

The Urban is one I've considered several times, and never quite pulled the trigger. If it's as good as my UKPKs, it looks like you've found yourself a nice knife.

And Tristan, I'm not a fan of cheap plastic either, but I absolutely love expensive plastic.
I can't talk about the UK PK, but I'm happy with this purchase, the Urban is a perfect knife for the office. I've noticed a lot of people online talk about the "fidget-factor", yet no one mentions the really satisfying clicks a slipjoint makes when operating it - and the Urban clicks really nice. It feels like a high-quality knife.
Wartstein wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 9:20 am
But implying that Spyderco would use "cheap plastic" in the sense of "low grade stuff" as one of their main handle materials is a bit weird.
Also, FRN is known as being really strong, tough and durable, in a way stronger than G10 ("stronger" might not be the correct technical term, but I always like to share a quote by Michael Janich concerning this viewtopic.php?p=1532174#p1532174

Anyway: @Palestrina I am glad you found out that FRN obviously is NOT "cheap plastic" to you... this opens up a whole new world (of potential more Spydies ;) )
I just realised I've also used the phrase "cheap plastic", but as stated above I'm really surprised by the FRN, it feels like a synthetic material, sure, but not in the least like plastic, which I was afraid of. It's strange that even I couldn't wrap my head around it, even though I should have known that there are really high quality synthetic materials out there (Glock comes to my mind).

I always get the "Forbidden. Message seems to be spam. Anti-Spam by CleanTalk." message, I guess I'm doing something wrong :thinking
Lil' Native Back Lock C230MGPB
Urban SPC127PBK

My User Name does not refer to a middle eastern region, but to an Italian composer of the most beautiful masses you'll ever hear. Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina, go check him out.
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Palestrina wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 1:01 pm
I always get the "Forbidden. Message seems to be spam. Anti-Spam by CleanTalk." message, I guess I'm doing something wrong :thinking
@Palestrina you aren't doing anything wrong. The warning is likely associated with your IP address. I've cleared you, so hopefully, you shouldn't get that message again.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Palestrina

Post by Palestrina »

TazKristi wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 1:36 pm
Palestrina wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 1:01 pm
@Palestrina you aren't doing anything wrong. The warning is likely associated with your IP address. I've cleared you, so hopefully, you shouldn't get that message again.

Kristi
Thank you! This is strange, I use regular Internet from one of my countries biggest suppliers.

Great forum by the way, from what I've seen until now this is a great community and it's quite informative.
Lil' Native Back Lock C230MGPB
Urban SPC127PBK

My User Name does not refer to a middle eastern region, but to an Italian composer of the most beautiful masses you'll ever hear. Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina, go check him out.