Manix 2 handle scale modification

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
BugBite84

Manix 2 handle scale modification

Post by BugBite84 »

Swapped some titanium scales onto my manix and noticed you could peel the liners and scales apart and the scales would click around due to the lanyard tube not being press fit anymore, so I decided to add a extra standoff and screws onto the knife with some old titanium hardware from my para 2, worked perfect and has no scale wiggle or sliding anymore, just have to fine tune some spots where I had to debur the holes from being countersunk and should be good to go !, I searched around the forum but couldn’t find if this mod has been done yet I’m sure it has just nobody has posted yet.
Donut

Re: Manix 2 handle scale modification

Post by Donut »

The one guy who made titanium scales way back, he took out the liners and made the titanium scales thicker, he also made a different style lanyard hole.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
zhyla

Post by zhyla »

I honestly can’t tell from the photos what you did. But 5 seconds with a ball bearing and a press will tighten up the lanyard tube.
BugBite84

Post by BugBite84 »

zhyla wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 10:52 pm
I honestly can’t tell from the photos what you did. But 5 seconds with a ball bearing and a press will tighten up the lanyard tube.
I added another set of screws towards the back took 10 minutes,and I would have done what you mentioned but I want it to be easy to take apart without prying.