PDA

View Full Version : Spyderco Samaritan Availability?

Bodieism
03-04-2007, 01:21 PM
I am just curious on the ETA for this model.

Also thought I remember coming across a post at bladeforums that said the Samaritan would not be shipped to any dealers and only be shipped to law enforcement and military purchasing agents. Is this true?

Bodieism
03-06-2007, 03:16 PM
Btt.......

sal
03-06-2007, 03:58 PM
It looks like they will be shipped only to dealers and distributors that are serving military and law enforcement.

sal

Bayoublaster
03-06-2007, 04:21 PM
Is there any chance of a manual action Samaritan? Maybe with the new version of the Ball Bearing lock? Any lock would be great. I just like the shape of the handle and the blade and it has a much more "PC" name for places like here next to Denver.

sal
03-06-2007, 04:28 PM
Hi Bayoublaster,

We do have a model in prototyping with a Walker linerlock. The same as the Samariton auto, but without the spring mechanism. Made like the Millie.

sal

Bayoublaster
03-06-2007, 04:49 PM
That's great! I like the looks of the Samaritan but can't own an auto here in CO or back home in Louisiana.

tonydahose
03-06-2007, 05:19 PM
what state can you own one if you arent a LEO?

Bodieism
03-06-2007, 05:46 PM
It looks like they will be shipped only to dealers and distributors that are serving military and law enforcement.

sal

:(

Well as much as I hate buying from ebay I'm sure a few will eventually end up for sale on their website for me to buy.

what state can you own one if you arent a LEO?

AFAIK its completely legal in NC to own an auto but its illegal to carry them anywhere other than your own premises. I see them for sale all the time in local shops in my surronding area.

Edit:

I think in Oregon its legal to own and carry them.

Darkfin
03-06-2007, 06:50 PM
I wonder if the manual ones will be easily convertible like the Boker Top Locks, etc? It would be cool if they already had the hole drilled in the blade.... {hint,hint} :p

North Carolina's only Statutory reference to a "switchblade":
14‑269.2. Weapons on campus or other educational property.

(a) The following definitions apply to this section:

(1) Educational property. – Any school building or bus, school campus, grounds, recreational area, athletic field, or other property owned, used, or operated by any board of education or school board of trustees, or directors for the administration of any school.

(1a) Employee. – A person employed by a local board of education or school whether the person is an adult or a minor.

(1b) School. – A public or private school, community college, college, or university.

(2) Student. – A person enrolled in a school or a person who has been suspended or expelled within the last five years from a school, whether the person is an adult or a minor.

(3) Switchblade knife. – A knife containing a blade that opens automatically by the release of a spring or a similar contrivance.

/////

(d) It shall be a Class 1 misdemeanor for any person to possess or carry, whether openly or concealed, any BB gun, stun gun, air rifle, air pistol, bowie knife, dirk, dagger, slungshot, leaded cane, switchblade knife, blackjack, metallic knuckles, razors and razor blades (except solely for personal shaving), firework, or any sharp‑pointed or edged instrument except instructional supplies, unaltered nail files and clips and tools used solely for preparation of food, instruction, and maintenance, on educational property.

Oregon's:

166.240 Carrying of concealed weapons. (1) Except as provided in subsection (2) of this section, any person who carries concealed upon the person any knife having a blade that projects or swings into position by force of a spring or by centrifugal force, any dirk, dagger, ice pick, slungshot, metal knuckles, or any similar instrument by the use of which injury could be inflicted upon the person or property of any other person, commits a Class B misdemeanor. (Subsection (2) is for LEOs.)

(Incidently, Oregon's statutes are really hard to research compared to other states'.)

fellyjr
03-06-2007, 08:26 PM

sal
Will there be 200 engraved for the collector club?

swingshot
03-07-2007, 04:08 AM
I guess that means The Citadel will be distributed the same way?

Harry White
03-07-2007, 08:14 AM
i really want a Citadel. i hope availability to the non-LEO community isn't a problem.

fellyjr
03-07-2007, 08:27 AM
i really want a Citadel. i hope availability to the non-LEO community isn't a problem.
Don't worry Harry, I have a feeling there won't be a problem getting either one of the Spydie auto's if you must have one.(or more) ;)
I'm pretty sure in most States it's not illegal to have auto's in your collection at home as long as you don't carry them outside the home. I know I'll be getting multiples for my collection!

Bodieism
03-08-2007, 02:19 PM
Don't worry Harry, I have a feeling there won't be a problem getting either one of the Spydie auto's if you must have one.(or more) ;)
I'm pretty sure in most States it's not illegal to have auto's in your collection at home as long as you don't carry them outside the home. I know I'll be getting multiples for my collection!

I hope your right. I don't want to see the price sky rocket on ebay b/c thats the only place the non LEO/Military community can buy them. Hopefully we will be able to purchase them elsewhere.

Questoin for Sal or Kristi:

Any word yet on what month the Samaritan might be released?

The Deacon
03-08-2007, 03:18 PM
Maybe I'm being naive, but since it is expressly against eBay rules to list automatics that are not "California legal" (2" blade or less) I think the number of Samaritans showing up there will be fairly low. Think BF exchange will probably be a "hotter" spot for them.

Bodieism
03-08-2007, 05:49 PM
A friend of mine listed an auto (OTF) and it took them 7 days before they caught it. And an OTF is hard to confuse as being anything other than an automatic unlike the Samaritan. However, I think you are right. I hadn't even thought about the BF's exchange section until you mentioned it lol.

Darkfin
03-08-2007, 08:38 PM
There are many autos on ebay at any given time, but instead of listing them as "Benchmade Automatic" They list them as "Benchmade Knife" and just show pix. Some go so far as to list the model number "Benchmade 9050".

Speeding is illegal too, but that doesn't prevent it.

markg
03-08-2007, 08:57 PM
Maybe I'm being naive, but since it is expressly against eBay rules to list automatics that are not "California legal" (2" blade or less) I think the number of Samaritans showing up there will be fairly low. Think BF exchange will probably be a "hotter" spot for them.

They catch it on occasion, but their are at least hundreds of autos for sale at any given time on eBay. The same is true for bali's.