Dissappointed:( Please Read!!!!!

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Ray.Hood

Whoa there little doggy.

Post by Ray.Hood »

I'm 30 yrs old and in the Military. I've already had my reality check, thank you very much. :cool:
There was no hateful thread. A few people said screw this and stopped talking. We all have our opinions,it's how we choose to apply what we believe in that matters. Like voting, and standing up for what we believe in.
It is better to die on your feet than live on your knees. I personally choose to fight for what I believe in.Not on a forum
ken

You're Back!

Post by ken »

Well let me be the first to welcome you back!
Seems like you were only gone for a day....

Maybe I was a little confused by your statement below.

"This is my last posting all. Too many opinions to go around.A few people here
need to buy a reality check. "

Or was this all just a joke.

In any event it's nice to see you.
ken
ken
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Aloha ALL!

Good to "see" you Ray!

I dunno what the trips are, but I tend to do what The Deacon, my NY bro does...in fact, I do exactly what he does! ;)

I admit to being a ranter though when in anger I posted about this guy who was accusing me of trying to ride off of his name in this industry we love...but I learned from that mistake thanks to an "old" friend! :)

Hope aside from all this Craig, that you are doing well, and we're still here for you bro! God bless!
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
sal

Post by sal »

Thanx Craig. A dose of civilized reality is a good thing every now and then and I do appreciate the fact that this group really is the best I've seen at maintaining courtesy (British Blades forum is exceptional as well).

As Americans, we must support our President regardless...that's the deal with Democracy. (I'm not saying it's perfect, but it is at this time one of the best forms of govt.)

As Americans, we must support our troops (our young, bright, dedicated children). Also not perfect, but teachable.

As Americans, we must appreciate the right to change what we do not like.

We all have different opinions, we all have different information. If we share information, we can all learn, maybe even agree.

When one gets angry, their mouth gets relly BIG, their ears get really small and the mind starts to get foggy and gel.

An Open minded, opened eared, soft mouthed dialogue is always best.

sal

-------------------------------------------------------------

"We are all teachers and we are all students"

"Whatever the problem, education is the solution"
CKE

Post by CKE »

Sorry I went MIA for a few days. Had my first bout of Chemo and it was BAD. I reacted worse then the doctors anticipated.
Basically all I was trying to say is lets keeps things civil here. Agree or not, when the OT section is getting people to leave than it is not good for the whole of our community. Take Care all and thanks for letting me vent :)
Keep Fighting the Good Fight!
dantecubit

Post by dantecubit »

I hope that you all don't think that my posts were in any way disrespectful, because I never intended them to be. I posted to contribute to a discussion that I felt was heavily skewed in one direction. Reading the responses, I was exposed to points of view and sources of information I had never seen. It was interesting. But after a few posts, I decided to stop posting because I could feel the discussion was going downhill.

Yes, I have friends with whom I would never talk about politics because I know it would drive a wedge between us. Perhaps that's the problem with bulletins: anonymity.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I didn't mean to be disrespectful and thank you for sharing your opinions.
Ray.Hood

Yeah, I'm back.

Post by Ray.Hood »

No more politics ok guys? I will check in occasionally to say hi.
I left with the intention of not coming back. Needed a break, sorry.
I'll be here.
AllenETreat

Now that the election's over...

Post by AllenETreat »

There'll always be something to carry on about -

We all talk about "political correctness" and what an abhorrent thing
it is, but we're starting to practice it here. People get offended,
that's just human nature ( or is that nurture?)

CKE -

I can think of alotta worse thing's to say other than "sodbuster" - the
4-letter-profanities notwithstanding here ( I do abide by that )
that can't be used on the forum(s). These "spark ups" you mention
don't happen all that much - only as much as human conflict dictates.

"Whine & Cheeze" this isn't, no. But if people can't handle what they could
easily read in the local newspaper, then I don't know what to say. BTW -
some of what was said of myself in whine & cheeze on bladeforums.com
shouldn't have been said to a even a dog. My advice to them -

DROP DEAD!

And if it's anything to ya' Craig, they told me to do the same.
( some "welcome" from that "cliche" :rolleyes: )

AET
All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds, awake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes to make it reality.

T.E. Lawrence
samosaurus

Post by samosaurus »

*heh-heh!* I think I'm a whole lot "cooler" to handle them OT topics! :D You don't "survive" if you are not willing to listen, think and respect an opinion.. :cool:

Sam
cdf

Post by cdf »

I enjoy this forum a lot but can certinally do without the political rants . Fly fishing , flashlights , Simonas tattos and hairstyles seem far more in keeping with the spirit of things . I'm personally far more interested in how CKE is doing or whats going on in Samos kitchen than in flame wars and ranting .
voxnaes

Post by voxnaes »

cdf wrote:I enjoy this forum a lot but can certinally do without the political rants . Fly fishing , flashlights , Simonas tattos and hairstyles seem far more in keeping with the spirit of things . I'm personally far more interested in how CKE is doing or whats going on in Samos kitchen than in flame wars and ranting .
There you go!! What´s up with that?!! I really think we should ban that subject.... Fly Fishing...... ;) :D
Vox.
ken

No No No No

Post by ken »

Vox-

Now you've gone tooooo far! "Ban fly fishing!"

Carlos I ask you to close this thread....

please,
ken
ken
cdf

Post by cdf »

I also watch with great concern our C.O. brothers . I,m always relieved when I see posts from them . Our European brothers are very insightfull .
voxnaes

Post by voxnaes »

cdf wrote:I also watch with great concern our C.O. brothers . I,m always relieved when I see posts from them . Our European brothers are very insightfull .
........and we make the best beer!!!!! ;) :p
Vox.