testimony

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
grahjas

testimony

Post by grahjas »

I was so happy with the response (i have gotten banned from one forum, and shunned on another)but if you are not persecuted every day, you are doing somethign wrong. I thank you all, and praise GOd for the support. But i thought it might be interesting to explain a little of my story...sorry for the long post, and if any others want to share...i would love to hear.
i will start by giving a quick glimpse of me a few years ago.
I wanted to be a SEAL. by eating thousands of calories a day (10000+) i oculd stay awake 24 hours a day for four days at least doing nothing but working out and studying. BUt there was more to it than that...I was fueled by a rage that was so intense, it hated everything.
here is an excerpt from a personal narrative i had to write (the story is not altered at all from real life)
As I got done smoothing the tape on my knuckles, I gazed into the mirror smiled just for a second, and then, the smile vanished, I turned, and began to swing. As I swung, the bag turned from a simple black leather plane to an image like that in the mirror. The real beast inside of me tried to emerge as I swung harder and harder. After what seemed like seconds, the blood began to flow from my imagined me. Suddenly, a new assailant was present, a huge thing, grabbing me from behind, I turned to fight it only to be dragged to the ground. "Jason, stop, stop, it's me." My friend's voice jolted me back into reality. I looked around and saw that everything was imagined, except the blood. I looked at my hands, and delighted in the sight of my blood; coming from my knuckles-all six layers of tape and all the skin on my knuckles was gone.
THat was a year ago. In January, i was at a church service, almost a month after Challenging the God of the universe to take me on. I started to get cold, asomethign i never do. The person sitting next to me knew that i was a struggling person, someone who challenged GOd, so they began to pray for me and they put their arm around me. They later said that every muscle was tight to the breaking point. but slowly, each cell began to quiver and relax until i was so relaxed i was almost dead.
I believe i was demon posessed, but i was exorcised. Not by anythign i did, but by the power of God. I have never had a rage problem since then. Many other thigns i dealt with i still deal with, but with a new strength. I am becoming more and more the man God created me to be every day, although i still have a LONG way to go.
thanks for your support and prayer

PS...am i allowed to sell knives here/
A Normal person with incredible knives in the service of an AWESOME God.
dialex

Post by dialex »

I am also a person who believes in God and it's always nice to meet someone who shares the same belief. Thank you for your story. Though rather unusual, it is possible that your case is not necessarily a demon possesion, but a common disease (like epilepsis) or breakdown. You said you had long periods without sleep and this surely will affect you after some time. Also what you eat and drink is of great importance. For instance, Pepsi and Coke (and their cousins like 7UP, Mirinda aso.) contain phosphorus which "eats" your calcium. Lack of calcium may lead to loss of consciousness for small period of time. Coffee has the same effect; combined to caffeine, in large quantities, you get a "Molotov cocktail".
I didn't mention alcoohol, since you want to be a SEAL, you're not supposed to drink or smoke - they are a modern army ;)
Did you see a doctor? This is the first thing I'd do.
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Aloha again grahjas!

MAYBE it was "demon possesion"...demons are REAL. One of which is an acting LT of ours! LOL! But seriously, they exist and will do what they can to take us from God's hand. HAH!!! BUT, we do know the end of "this story"...
Just keep donning that "armor" each day, and pray...communication is VITAL in a relationship, right? Also, you do not need to be "exorcised" by anyone...YOU have that ability as you are "NO LONGER a slave, but a son." The moment you asked Jesus into YOUR heart, you became His...you ARE a new creation, in accordance to His Living Word grahjas...

Alexandru the Great: Ahhhhhhhhh...SO THAT explains it!!! I was drinking a Pepsi when I posted about :spyder: not having a Wharnie! LOL!
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)