S90V Military Poll

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
spydie777

S90V Military Poll

Post by spydie777 »

Should Bento Box Shop get the privilege of commissioning anymore dealer exclusives? Yes or No (one reply only please)-save comments for the other thread. If you are unaware of this topic see the other thread.
spydie777

Post by spydie777 »

No.
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

No
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
Fresh Eddie Fresh

Post by Fresh Eddie Fresh »

The way people vote is with their wallets... if no one bought the knives at the inflated prices, then the dealer would either be forced to lower their prices or be stuck with the product. Unfortunately, people seem to be buying them at the inflated prices, so the market has set what they are able to charge.
Donut

Post by Donut »

Yes.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
DunninLA

Post by DunninLA »

No
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

There's another thread??!?! :D
Pomelly

Post by Pomelly »

No!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

This has absolutely no potential to turn out positive in any way.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Yes, and let me tell you why. Oh wait, I'm not supposed to. So what's the point of this?
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Yes, and let me tell you why. Oh wait, I'm not supposed to. So what's the point of this?
Not so much because you're not supposed to, more because it has been said dozens of times in the other thread. Sal and company have no doubt seen that thread and have heard both sides of the argument and have made or will make a decision on this subject. I think we're getting a little big for our britches to think that nothing will happen unless we make a thread complaining about it. The bottom line is, if you don't like it, don't buy it. I don't, and so I won't. I would love to see sprints and dealer exclusives go to companies with more fair business ethics, but that's not my choice to make, and what needed to be said has been beaten along with the dead horse.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Absolutley yes.
Spyder-fan

Post by Spyder-fan »

Definately No.
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

Evil D wrote:Not so much because you're not supposed to, more because it has been said dozens of times in the other thread. Sal and company have no doubt seen that thread and have heard both sides of the argument and have made or will make a decision on this subject. I think we're getting a little big for our britches to think that nothing will happen unless we make a thread complaining about it. The bottom line is, if you don't like it, don't buy it. I don't, and so I won't. I would love to see sprints and dealer exclusives go to companies with more fair business ethics, but that's not my choice to make, and what needed to be said has been beaten along with the dead horse.
This is a spot on assessment. I probably shouldn't have jumped back into the rabble but the Ebay fiasco got my juices flowing.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
Spyder-fan

Post by Spyder-fan »

I think the auction is what will seal the deal on them not getting anymore exclusives. It turned them from an overpriced dealer to a flipper.
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

I am one of the people who disagreed with the price from the get go, and eventually talked myself into it. Though you may not like the pricing, no refunds, no contact..... you can count on fast shipping and getting what you paid for. I will say the ebay sales absolutely crossed the line. We live in a country where everyone has the right to run their business how they see fit whether we like it or not. Most of us may not like it, but at the end of the day its all about the money for some people.

I say yes.
J32A2

Post by J32A2 »

Thread fail.
Invective

Post by Invective »

I say yes.
GTPowers

Post by GTPowers »

'Murica
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Yes, any company willing to pay to sponsor an Exclusive should be allowed to do so. AFAIK, nobody has ever been forced to buy one.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!