Spyderco Manix 2 with Maxamet G-10

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JH153945

Spyderco Manix 2 with Maxamet G-10

Post by JH153945 »

[*][/dropshadow]. When are the sprint runs coming out next or exclusives interested in the 15v blade Spyderco Manix 2 or Spyderco Manix 2 XL coated or non coated versions would be interested in a couple of each Manix models. Also is Spyderco Manix line going to offer steel ball cages a steel ball cage in my opinion would make knifes perfect by removing the inexpensive plastic ball cage?
yablanowitz

Re: Spyderco Manix 2 with Maxamet G-10

Post by yablanowitz »

Not sure I follow all that. If you are wondering when the G-10 Manix2 is going to get Maxamet, don't hold your breath. From the number of Maxamet knives I see at the Seconds Sales, I don't expect Spyderco to add more models to that line any time soon.

The Manix2 in 15V was a Sprint Run and won't be repeated without changing something.

As for the steel ball cage, are you saying Spyderco knives aren't expensive enough? At a wild guess, machining that part out of steel rather than molding it out of FRCP would cost at least 5 times as much per part, probably more.

And of course, "when" is a question with no answer other than "when they are done".
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

I don't expect Spyderco to change the cages. The original clear cages had an issue with SOME breaking. They changed to something that was more durable and somehow it's still a problem in some minds. I haven't had one break on several Manix models I have. Nor have I seen complaints of them breaking. It seems to me that people like to change them out for a metal one just for the sake of changing them. Similar to how they like to change scales.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
JH153945

Re: Spyderco Manix With Titanium Ball Cages G-10 and 15v Blade

Post by JH153945 »

I just would feel more comfortable spending my money on a Spyderco Manix with a titanium ball cage rather than a plastic model. When changing out the plastic for the titanium it makes me much more happy carrying a quality knife that plastic just in my opinion makes the look of quantity go way down. Other brands go to steel maybe because it looks much more expensive as quality matters. Right now I have three Spyderco Manix 2 in crueware wish they would make all Spyderco Manix models with the 15v blade option as I would buy some of them if that option was available! I already have 4 flytitanium Titaniun ball cages and one was installed in a lightweight only had trouble removing bottom screw rivet combination but works great without bottom screw wish they would in the future install all removable screws. As I would buy a lightweight just for the blade if I knew they were the same size as the G-10 blades for an exchange.
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

The cages are fine as they are. But if you want a metal cage flytanium makes them in high quality at a price Spyderco would never be able to and even in a wide range of colors!

About the Maxamet and other steels offered in the g10 version i agree. I hope they plan to do this as the g10 is for me the best Manix 2 by far. I do am very glad to see the new cruwears coming up. Especially the XL that totally needed this loving care after being so ignored all these years.
I hope to see other steels in normal in house g10 sprints aswel.
Like an XL and normal Manix 2 in m4 , 3v , Magnacut to just name a few. I do feel lucky having the normal Manix 2 15v sprint now it needs its bigger brother!
JH153945

Post by JH153945 »

I have three of the new Manix 2 in cruware on order
apollo

Post by apollo »

JH153945 wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:59 am
I have three of the new Manix 2 in cruware on order
Lucky you. I do not think to see any on order soon here in Europe. And pre orders aren’t really a thing down here.
JH153945

Post by JH153945 »

I have been collecting all three sizes of the Manix only in the G-10 I usually cut spring to .558 length with wire cutters makes the button so much easier to work also like to add titanium ball cages why Spyderco doesn’t work with fly titanium for their ball cages makes knives work so much better I am a believer in quality their knives are great and come sharp from factory I almost bought some lightweight models for the blades but I am not sure they would be a fit in their heavier models. Sure wish they sold blades for replacement or an exchange program I have some new Manix 2 G-10 that I would happily exchange blades or buy outright. They make sprint runs but they go real fast especially if in a premium blade.
apollo

Post by apollo »

JH153945 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:33 am
I have been collecting all three sizes of the Manix only in the G-10 I usually cut spring to .558 length with wire cutters makes the button so much easier to work also like to add titanium ball cages why Spyderco doesn’t work with fly titanium for their ball cages makes knives work so much better I am a believer in quality their knives are great and come sharp from factory I almost bought some lightweight models for the blades but I am not sure they would be a fit in their heavier models. Sure wish they sold blades for replacement or an exchange program I have some new Manix 2 G-10 that I would happily exchange blades or buy outright. They make sprint runs but they go real fast especially if in a premium blade.
I don’t want to alarm you but there are only 2 sizes in the Manix line. :grin-sweat
Personally i also still ask me the question if Lw blades fit or do not fit the g10’s some say they will some say they don’t but spydies cost to much to mess around without being certain. :grin-sweat
The sprints indeed go fast i am glad to have the rex 45 and the 15v and hope spyderco makes a new one soon… :grin-sweat
JH153945

Re: Spyderco Manix plastic ball cage

Post by JH153945 »

I thought I was the only one who had a plastic ball cage break. I had lost the ball Bering a new one needed is a .1870 or 3/16” that is why I replace the ball cage as soon as possible and cut the spring to .558” as factory spring takes a lot of pressure to release blade. There is a video on YouTube of another person with a broken cage you end up with a plastic knob in my case it came from left side as I am right handed!
Manifestgtr

Post by Manifestgtr »

yablanowitz wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:44 am
From the number of Maxamet knives I see at the Seconds Sales, I don't expect Spyderco to add more models to that line any time soon.
I’m actually *really* looking forward to the maxamet sage 5 lw that was in the latest reveal catalog. Surely that counts unless we’re talking strictly Manix models in maxamet.

For some reason, that’s been a sleeper in the latest reveal…not many people talking about it. Maybe the sage 5 lw crowd is busy hoping for a cruwear release or something along those lines.
Crucarta: Shaman (x2), Manix 2, Lil Native, Delica, GB2 & PM2
Notable: 52100 and Cruwear Millie. “15v-arta” Shaman. REC Manix. K-carta Endura, P4, Dragonfly and Delica.
Favorites: Shaman, Sage 5 lightweight, Sheeps Caribbean, Manix, Endela and all things Stretch
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Manifestgtr wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:56 pm
Maybe the sage 5 lw crowd is busy hoping for a cruwear release or something along those lines.
Yes
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Crox

Post by Crox »

This thread made me go look for a Manix lw in Maxamet. Everyone is sold out. Maybe a change is coming?
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

Manifestgtr wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:56 pm
yablanowitz wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:44 am
From the number of Maxamet knives I see at the Seconds Sales, I don't expect Spyderco to add more models to that line any time soon.
I’m actually *really* looking forward to the maxamet sage 5 lw that was in the latest reveal catalog. Surely that counts unless we’re talking strictly Manix models in maxamet.

For some reason, that’s been a sleeper in the latest reveal…not many people talking about it. Maybe the sage 5 lw crowd is busy hoping for a cruwear release or something along those lines.
They already had a Maxamet Sage. Mine is a factory second, but I take your point.
JH153945

Post by JH153945 »

Untill Spyderco installs all removable screws in the lightweights I won’t be buying anything but the G-10 last lightweight I bought all the one sided screws came out but the bottom I used a soldering iron and heated up screw enough to push thru one side so I could install a titanium ball cage as once you have a plastic ball cage break you don’t want another Manix without a metal ball cage much smoother especially if you cut off a couple coils of spring I measure with calipher to get around.558” length now works perfect with a flytitanium
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

I'm not a fan of pinned construction. From their perspective though, I'm sure it's rare they need to repair a pinned Manix. Where as people are always losing and stripping screw heads. And messing up their knives when they take them apart. I don't like it but understand why they do it. I also generally won't buy a pinned knife.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
S7ORM3X

Post by S7ORM3X »

hey about the new crucarta manix is it going to be their typical satin finish or like the s390v and maxamet variants are going to come with their light stonewash?
JH153945

Post by JH153945 »

Does anyone know when the new Spyderco Manix 2 in cruware going to be available
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

JH153945 wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:54 pm
Does anyone know when the new Spyderco Manix 2 in cruware going to be available
No.